1. The promoter is Aviation Adventures Ltd a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 11297266 and whose registered office is at 117 George Street, London, England, W1H 7HF (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promoter is organising and operating a competition prize draw for the chance to win a 30-minute Spitfire flight experience voucher (the “Competition”).
3. Competition entrants (“Entrants”) are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Competition terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) upon entry to the Competition.
4. Any decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding (including as to the award of the prizes) and no correspondence will be entered into regarding any such decision.
5. The Competition will be open for entry between 12:00pm on 22 July 2019 and 11:59pm on 31 December 2019. Entries received outside of this period will not be valid and will not be included in the Competition prize draw.
6. To enter the Competition, Entrants are required to:
a) follow the link on the Promoter’s website to the Competition;
b) answer the technical competition question; and
c) upload a suitable headshot image, noting that images which are deemed offensive or political will be removed and entries will no longer be valid.
7. Entries will cost £2, £5 or £10 (or the equivalent in the local currency) as selected by the Entrant (the “Fee”). Half of the Fee paid by each Entrant will be donated to UNICEF UK. Once forwarded to UNICEF UK, the Promoter no longer has any responsibility for how those funds are spent by UNICEF UK. Once Entrants have paid the Fee and entered the Competition, they agree that funds are not refundable or exchangeable.
8. The Competition is open globally, aged 18 years or over (or 16+ with parental consent) except employees of the Promoter and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the Competition.
9. Please see the website at https://www.silverspitfire.com for more information about entry to the Competition and details of how to enter.
10. Multiple entries from the same person are not encouraged, but will be accepted.
11. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for entries not received, for whatever reason.
12. The Competition entries will be judged by a panel of judges who will determine which Entrants have correctly answered the technical question.
13. All Entrants who have correctly answered the question will be included in a random prize draw to select the winner of the one main prize, and thirty-one smaller prizes.
14. The Promoter and its agent will verify all correct entries to make sure the Competition rules and mechanics have been correctly adhered to by each Entrant.
15. The Competition prizes consist of:
a) one x 30-minute Spitfire flight experience voucher (full cost) for an ‘over the white cliffs’ flight from Lee-On-Solent for the winning entrant (the “Main Prize”). Where possible, this flight will be part of a formation with the Silver Spitfire, only if the Silver Spitfire is servicable and available on the booked date of the flight.
b) one of ten Longest Flight Expedition Flight Patches;
c) one of ten Longest Flight Expedition baseball caps;
d) one of ten Longest Flight Expedition t-shirts; and
e) one Longest Flight Special Edition Expedition Polo Shirt,
(each a “Prize”, and together the “Prizes”).
16. The following height and weight restrictions apply for the Main Prize:
a) height limit of 6’3”;
b) weight limit of 17-stone; and
c) additional terms and conditions relating to the flight, and flight safety, will be provided following contact with the chosen winner.
17. The Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
18. The winning Entrants will be notified by via email within 30 days of the closing date of the Competition. If a winning Entrant cannot be contacted or does not claim their Prize within 7 days of the notification message being sent, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from the winning Entrant(s) and offer the Prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the closing date.
19. The winning Entrant of the Main Prize is responsible for all of their own travel, accommodation and other costs incurred in accepting the Main Prize. The Promoter accepts no liability for any of these or any other costs that may incurred due to a change in availability or postponement of the Main Prize.
20. The Promoter will notify the winning Entrants when and where their Prize can be collected / is delivered.
Limitation of Liability
21. Neither the Promoter, nor any of its partners, affiliates, agents, employees, officers, directors or representatives will be liable (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of the organising or holding of the Competition or as a result of any Entrant’s participation in the Competition or as a result of the winning, collecting, use or enjoyment of any Prize, or if the Competition does not run as planned or if any part of any prize is unable to be delivered for any reason. Competition Entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
22. If the Competition or any part of it is not capable of running or being completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to reasons of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition without liability.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Competition entries that are delayed or otherwise not successfully completed, regardless of cause, including (without limitation) due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure, of any kind.
24. The Promoter accepts no responsibility under any circumstances for failure by any winning Entrant(s) to claim their prize.
25. Each Entrant warrants that they have permission to use any mobile telephone or any other device used to access the Internet for the purposes of entering the Competition.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
27. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any Entrant by any third party connected with this Competition.
29. Entrants agree that submitted images will be publicly visible on https://www.silverspitfire.com for the duration of the Competition and for a reasonable period after the Competition closes for marketing purposes of the Promoter. Entrants agree that submitted images will be publicly visible on the airframe of The Silver Spitfire aircraft.
31. These Terms and Conditions will apply unless expressly stated or varied by the Promoter. The Promoter may change these Terms and Conditions at any time at its discretion.
32. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants or third parties.
33. By entering this Competition, an Entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
34. The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
35. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.